Weanlings will be available following the October Fasig Tipton sale.
What is Pinhooking
Buying and Selling
Pinhooking is the practice of buying a horse at one stage in their life and selling them at a later stage. TTM purchases weanlings to sell as yearlings and yearlings to sell as 2-year-olds.
- Pinhooking minimum 10% investment
- TTM to retain 10% ownership in each Pinhook
- 10% procurement fee paid with initial investment
- There will be a 5% management incentive per horse when gross ROI exceeds 25%
- Should the reserve not be met at a sale, the horse will be syndicated for racing for
- those wishing to participate
- Down payments are accepted for future purchases
- If no yearlings are purchased, investments can be deferred to weanlings
- Existing investors have priority on all investments
Each Pinhook cycle billed upfront, any extraordinary expenses to be billed upon receipt
- Fixed costs: Board, Insurance, Vet, Vaccinations, Deworming, Chiropractic*, Acupuncture*, Magnawave*, Breaking and Training*, Supplements, Medications, Transportation, Yearling vetting expenses
- Expenses not included: Surgery, Hospital visits, 2-year-old sales expenses, and Sales & Consignor commissions
- Annual reporting provided
Monthly fixed cost for yearling pinhooks is $3300 (through April 2022 with an average 9-month cycle or $29,700)
Monthly fixed cost for weanling pinhooks is $1600 (through September 2022 with an average 9-month cycle or $14,400)
* Yearling expenses
Meet Triad Thoroughbred Management
TTM provides a full cycle of services in the Thoroughbred Industry. Contact Jena, Katie, or Stephanie for more Pinhook offerings information.
Jena is exceptionally well regarded at the most prestigious race tracks in the country, having winners from Saratoga to Gulfstream. Jena runs a mid-size stable and has a reputation for having an open-door policy with every one of her clients and always putting the horse first. She operates a very transparent business so that her clients have the best possible experience, be it on a race or training day. Over the last several years Jena has successfully diversified her business taking all of her equine experience and successfully pinhooking, breeding, rehabilitating, and advising clients.
Katie grew up on her parents Thoroughbred Training facility in Ocala. She earned a bachelor’s degree in biology at the University of Tennesse/Martin where she also rode on their division 1 team. Katie went on to earn a Master’s degree in Animal Science after which she began assisting her father in their breaking and training business. In 2019, Katie opened White Lilac Farm in Ocala where she caters to clients looking for a boutique experience from a trainer. In addition to breaking and training, Katie also has vast expertise in sales prepping weanlings and yearlings, pinhooking, and rehabilitation.
Stephanie spent many years in the business sector in various executive management roles. She served on the Board of Directors and held C- level positions with private companies before opening her own Global Executive Search firm. She has also spent years assisting Thoroughbred Aftercare organizations. In 2014, Stephanie joined the board of New Canaan Mounted Troop, a nonprofit riding program for children and a therapeutic riding program for those with special needs. She became their Equestrian Program Director for six years until her relocation. Stephanie offers a diverse business background, a lifetime of experience with horses, and a targeted passion for thoroughbreds and racing.